Visit our Website

Monday, February 28, 2011

Obi Update


Obi is doing great! I've been having fun teaching him to fetch--he seems to be catching on (especially if I play with treats). I live in a three level townhouse, and I decided it was time for Obi to master the stairs yesterday (I'd been carrying him up and down because he was scared of them). So, I worked with him on a short leash. Going up was really not a problem, but he was very leery about heading down. With encouragement, once he took the first step, and with the leash for additional security, he navigated down successfully several times throughout the day. This morning I was sitting with him on the living room deck and opened the door to get something. He scooted right through, dashed for the stairs and was in my bedroom on the upper level in an instant! I sat up there with him for a while, then when I was ready to start down, I stopped for a minute to get his leash. He darted right past me to the stairs and headed down. Be careful what you ask for! Now I'll have to gate all of the stairs!
Cathy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home